From this last Literature production (tears), I was able to rediscover and further affirm the greatness of my class but I was also able to find out something new about myself.

Firstly, I discovered that I actually liked reading a Shakespearean work! Julius Caesar was a delight to read, and I'm not lying! I never really got to appreciate any work by Shakespeare but this one will take a special place in my bookcase. I loved it! Et tu, Brute? is one of the most dramatic lines, ever!

Through this play I was able to see how amazing and how united my class is. I really did not expect anything to get done because of the time constraint but we pulled it off( it's magic!). My fellow actresses, especially Camille (Brutus), Ysa (Cassius) and MO (Antony), really were responsible enough  to memorize their lines and deliver them properly. Hats off to you ladies! Of course, I would never forget the props committee. Bella, Dabin, Jaymie, JR, Min, and all those who helped with the backdrops...you guys are the berries! That's 1920s slang for awesome! You really did so well and you were never discouraged by the short amount of time you had. You girls planned and executed the 1920s plan perfectly. Thanks to you guys we had the most beautiful backdrop!

Thanks to the classes about Julius Caesar I was able to memorize the fact the the Ides of March is on March 15th. I don't think I'll ever forget that date (I already have it written on my planner, actually). What I liked about reading Julius Caesar through Shakespeare's eyes is that you're reading his life in a maybe fictional but not so fictional perspective, unlike when you're reading Caesar's life in a history book. With Shakespeare, I get to sympathize with Brutus and Caesar and I get to know the details about the fateful Ides of March. With a history book, I'm just like, "oh Caesar gets killed, how trecherous, now we move on to the second triumvirate." Shakespeare's Julius Caesar invests on human emotions, real emotions that people all feel whether they are from the times of SPQR or the iPad. Thanks Shakespeare!

And now to the great man himself, William Shakespeare! Ms. Arawiran was the only one who actually made me enjoy reading (and not cheating with the No Fear Shakespeare thing) Shakespeare. Julius Caesar was great and I really got to understand why writers praise this man. His wording is flawless and his quotes are so...so memorable! Now I can say that in my perspective William Shakespeare has finally made me love his words and his sense of writing.

All in all, Julius Caesar-- the play and the book-- is, in 1920s slang, the bee's knees and the cat's meow. Well done!


2 Responses so far.

  1. Unknown says:

    I agree :'( tears tears.

    --commenting on all posts so it looks like it's been read

Leave a Reply