After doing the last literature play with this class, I realized that nothing, not even quiz bees, film showing or an amazing race could stop us from making our production a great one. We've been through a lot of plays and I can admittedly say that this play, Julius Caesar, was the only play we completely "yolo-ed". From the props, the acting, the set and the music... No one should underestimate our skills!

Ok so I have been talking about how great our class is and I'm proud of that. No doubt. Now, to talk about what I learned while doing this production. Well, I noticed that I got comfortable while I was on stage. It felt like I was free to do anything I want with no one retraining me with every move. However, I don't mean to say this because I want to pursue an acting career but if ever I would be asked to act on stage, I would be game.

While doing this production, I barely noticed all the Shakespeare thinking and the deeper meaning/ symbolism of Julius Caesar. Although, after having that discussion a while ago about destiny and the symbolism of the "tide", I knew why this play/ tragedy is being used by philosophy students. It may seem shallow but then if it's being read thoroughly people will then appreciate and value the story more. And as of now, I am convinced that I should read more Shakespeare plays because I want to feel what Shakespeare wanted his audience to feel.

But then again... Good job guys! I never really thought we could do it. That one and ONLY proper practice before the play itself, I'm still very amazed.

Leave a Reply