I didn't think that I would ever like the play, Julius Caesar. First of all, I was never really interested in Caesar or the First Triumvirate (not even when Mrs. Zuniga discussed this in History III). But, like all Shakespeare plays we've taken up, I gave it a chance. What I enjoyed most about this year's novel was that we actually got to hear it this time. The audio track was not only very helpful in understanding the Shakespearean language but also provided a much needed entertainment boost. I loved how all the actors' voices were filled with emotion and that there were background noises for it made the events seem so real. This really encouraged me to finish the entire play in Shakespearean language (well, I haven't yet...). Finally, it made me want to read more of Shakespeare's works, which I've grown very fond of. I am happy to inform you all that BBC has produced audio tracks for  every single one of the Bard's plays (at least it seems that way).

I was very worried about this year's production because of the amount of time we were given. What I was most worried about was the props since it usually takes a long time with only a handful of people working on them. Therefore, Jessica, Jaymie, and I decided to make it a little simpler this year. Just newspaper and paint for the backdrop and a thin layer of garbage bag for the windows (it was still very humid inside, though). The two hardest parts of our task were opening that "can" of black paint and convincing the class to actually bring paint. (Haha.) Even though it took longer that we originally planned, we were able to accomplish everything on time and produce one of our best backdrops to date. Now, if only we could find it...

I think that we should all take a moment to acknowledge Ysa, MO, and Enjorlas (a.k.a. Camille). I cannot believe that the three of you were able to memorize paragraphs in less than a week. To the scriptwriters for creating out final performance. To the props for the greatest backdrop ever. And to everyone in class for all the hard work and dedication we put into our two rehearsals and to the final production. What a great way to end our legacy.

Is anyone still up of a Lord of the Rings play?

2 Responses so far.

  1. Unknown says:

    Stop it Bella. I was planning to study after this but now I'm deadz. Enjolras pa talaga.


    Leggo, LOTR! I wanna be Gollum!

Leave a Reply