Alas, we've finally reached the end, my friends! 


Literally speaking, we've reached the end of the school year, the end of our last Literature production and the end of our high school chapter. It has been a great ride. But before we say our goodbyes, I'd like to share some thoughts about our recent accomplishment (also because we're required to do this).

As many of you know, I've always wanted to act. It's always been a dream of mine. But after playing Cassius, I am more determined to really make my dream come true. Don't laugh at my optimism please! (Also thank you Dani for giving me your role, even though at first I thought you were crazy for handing it to me 3 days before the play.) I know that Acting as a profession may seem like a long shot and a one-in-a-million chance, but I really don't see myself doing anything else! I love acting. Memorizing lines and exaggerating emotions -- that's what I want to do for a living, nothing else. Hopefully the many roles I've been blessed with these past 4 years would help me land a bigger role in the future. Thank you to our casting directors and scriptwriters, Keena, Maxine and Mo for always believing in my abilities. I don't think I would have fallen in love with acting if not for the many lead and supporting roles I've been given in High School!

Another thing I'd like to point out is how impressed I am with the whole class for pulling off our extremely crammed play! I know that right now it seems way too cliche to go on and on about how amazing our class is, but hey it's the truth! No doubt. No bias. We really knocked the judges and the audience off their seats, metaphorically speaking (except for Mrs. Paranas who probably laughed her socks off throughout the entire play). We managed to give a great show despite the insufficient time. That just proves that NOTHING can stop us from achieving greatness! 

Great props team + Amusing yet complete script + Talented actresses = YEAR IVB CAST AND CREW

Lastly of course I must thank Ms. Arawiran for convincing me that Julius Caesar wasn't boring. Yes I admit, I was lazy to read it and study it. But the audio tracks and the "quotable lines" discussions really changed my perspective on the book. I didn't think Shakespeare could offer more than Caesar's death. In fact it wasn't even about Caesar entirely! Most acts comprised of Brutus, Mark Antony and Cassius. Nevertheless, it was constructed in a way that kept me wanting to know what was gonna happen next after every scene -- kudos to Shakespeare for that! 

We did it guys. We just finished our LAST Literature play as high school students! Hopefully this won't be our last production together! I hope to work with you all again in the future, maybe as professionals the next time. Thank you again, really.. thank you.



One Response so far.

Leave a Reply