Yes, that was probably my favorite line. (Lol, alam na.) I have to admit the day right before the play I was in this whole Les Mis vibe (still am), and I really felt like doing it for the play so as much as I could, I imagined we were doing Les Mis. (For reasons.) And I was, you know, a certain revolutionary. The leader naturally. The awesomest one.

That is why in that part where we had to yell "Liberty! Peace! Freedom!" I felt all revolutionary like. In fact in my big speech I had so much emotion that led me to stand on the bench and embarrass myself miserably because of my terribly oversized shoes (stupid shoes. ugh.) ANYWAY YEAH.

So! What did I learn about myself? I guess to make me feel emotions while acting I have to think of something else that would bring them out. (Naks.) But seriously, I realized last year, I really have more trouble memorizing the short one sentence lines than the long speeches. The speeches and monologues have a flow, they're predictable and I can estimate what's next. It's also easier for the feelings to flow when the lines are long. But the short ones really require me to memorize cues, which I apparently am bad at. So I guess that's what I realized. Also, that I should never again wear my brother's shoes to step onto a bench.

I didn't feel so nervous about the play, actually. (Only for myself, but not for the play as a whole.) Which is odd since we did only practice the day before. I guess after being in plays with these people since Grade 2 (Sarah Noble, remember?) I've accepted that we always pull it off in the end. I realized this more so now, since this is by far the least time we had to practice, and yet we were able to present a whole play with almost everybody memorizing their lines and an amazing set! That's something. I just felt really proud of all of us. I also find it funny that we somehow always end up becoming the same characters no matter what play we're in. HA.

Now to Julius Caesar. All right, so first of all I actually really like the language of this play. Shakespeare fills it with so many quotable quotes and food for thought. I also realized by the end that it was centered mostly on brotherly love, and loyalty. At the end of the day I actually could not decide who to side with: Brutus or Caesar. I think they were both heroes in their own way. They both stood up for what they believed in. Neither of them was right or wrong. In the play anyway. I wouldn't know about real life since I wasn't there.

XOXO Camille

Lololol I dunno what that was for.

2 Responses so far.

  1. Sarah Noble? Don't you mean, the Ogre's New Car? =))

    Ah, memories. I can't believe you played an ogre in our first play! haha!

  2. Unknown says:

    I will always treasure that part.

Leave a Reply