Hello everyone! Keena, seventeen year old Senior here! :)

Have you all read the Don Quixote handout yet? Because you should! It's ridiculous-- in a good way.

Don Quixote reminds me of so many things-- from Monty Python's Holy Grail to the comic, Calvin and Hobbes. If you don't know those, look them up! 

I really like animals so when Don Quixote started thinking of naming his horse something lofty and sonorous, it immediately became my favorite part. When he was looking for a name, he seriously reminded of an old English gentleman twirling his mustache. In the end, he ended up with Rocinante which, if you think about, does sound rather impressive... a bit.

Now then, moving on to the actual main character and not his horse! I find Don Quixote a lovable character because he reminds me of children in general. His imagination does not seem crazy at all but maybe misplaced because of his age. But then again, I think maybe he just got tired of living in his boring mansion. To me, it seemed like he didn't want to just read about adventures anymore; he wanted to be a part of them too.

Maybe it's just me, but I think Don Quixote just wants to have fun. I mean, sure he's old, but I bet he's missing all those days of adventure from before! Or maybe he's having a mid-life crisis. Either way, his story is an inspiring and optimistic one. 

It actually makes me think that the author chose to write a children's story but for an older age group! 

Leave a Reply