Honestly, I had this fear of reading Inferno for I knew it would be about Hell and how sinners in there are suffering at that moment. But I have to accept this challenge and see Inferno's effect on me.  First of all, the idea of being lost without knowing why already scared me. I mean who would want that? All that confusion, emotional instability, and what not would drive me crazy. With Virgil's coming, it was somewhat a source of light for me for he would serve as my guide to experience what hell has to offer but seriously, I'd rather not. Second, the division between Heaven and Hell where certain souls are kept and those who actually don't belong in any of those made me think about myself-  how I can be neutral at times, not caring about my actions but still feeling sorry about them; maybe the way I am now will lead me to that place though I most certainly wish I end up in Heaven. Lastly, the way Dante described the souls in the first three circles and their punishments are again, terrifying. It makes me want to reflect on my life now and how I can still improve it. Despite all those negativity, I guess I have to look at the bright side that this book will lead me to be better correcting all I have done wrong.

Leave a Reply